It was lovely, although not really restful, we did get a lot done in the garden!
It was a warm day on Friday. Sunny- enough so to burn me despite my wearing sunblock. But this meant that the bugs were out. I have a few mosquito bites on my leg, and these photos to prove it!
M'Lady spent a good deal of time, patiently watching the butterflies (there were about three of them at any one time) and then she decided she wanted to hold one. When one finally crawled onto her fingertip, she was ecstatic!
Meantime, I was making a trellis. I got DH to cut the CPVC pipes for me, and to bang the rebar stakes into the ground. The design comes straight out of Mel Bartholomew's Square foot Gardening, although I used string and not netting for the middle.
On Saturday, we grew fed up of being scratched to death by the roses around our path, and invested in an arbour.
This decision has only been three years in the making, the last two years we put it off and regretted it. This year we did it and are VERY happy with the results!
For our butterfly identification, I used this PDF File.