Not to worry though, we decided to combine them, because on a sunny spring day, why not let the kids out into the back garden and roam.
This was an easy pair of assignments to combine…
The kids ran around hunting flowers, while I wrote down their names, locations and other things of interest.
Then I let Rebel collect a sample of each, for us to press.
I had hope to build a flower press in the next few days, but that was not really soon enough for us, so we… pressed a dictionary into use! :)
I have an idea in the back of my head, to follow a suggestion of Barb’s… a nature box.
This would indeed be a useful place to put our pinecones, the bone Rebel found at the park, and a selection of shells and rocks gathered.
Later I hope to include either a series of cards with our pressed flowers, or maybe a book :) I already have on of my own from YEARS ago ;)
In a few days, I hope to add the Henbits we pressed a few weeks ago, to our newly started Herbarium, ready for their fellow pressed comrades ;)
In the meantime. I am going to encourage the kids to use the tiny little booklets I made, to make some observations about the chosen flowers we studied today… the Daffodil and the Violet.
I'll come by and update the post with what we find!ETA: Some Journal Pages
I made Rebel and M'Lady a tiny notebook each, with a few sheets of paper, trimmed in half, then folded in half to make a quarter sized notebook.
The daffodil page...
And the Violet page :) Both drawn on site, in our back garden!