Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Loveliness of Leaves

The kids had some autumnal fun this weekend, with leaves...


Well, I guess they are technically not leaves, but needles, but I think it still counts. (image: Rebel builds M'Lady a "nest")


They did fall off the tree and the kids raked them up and built with them, reminding me of the times when I, as a child, loved to play with grass clippings. (image: M'Lady poses in her "nest".)

My husband told them about the forts he built with a weed called horseweed.
The kids were inspired! (image: Rebel rakes the needles).


It only added to the fun! (image: Rebel sits in the fort that he and M'Lady created after being inspired by their Daddy!)

3 comments:

MaryM said...

It does look like fun. Needles is pretty much what we have in our yard as well, so I can relate.

Alice Gunther said...

So much fun!

jugglingpaynes said...

That's so cute! I'm trying to figure out if it's like the house of straw or the house of sticks in the 3 Little Pigs. Somewhere in between? :o)

Can't wait to see what they make this year!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina