Friday, January 30, 2009

AMAZING!

No, I don't mean the fact this is the second of two posts in just two days!!
I just found a book I have been after for AGES online...

Leechdom, Wortcunning and Starcraft of Early England

So why would I want this book, let alone post about it on my nature blog?
Did you notice the name of this book? And the name of my blog? That should give you a clue as to why- not to mention how LONG I have been wanting to read it *grin* (this blog is now 3 years old I believe!)

But I digress- I love old herbals. I have a passion for old herbals. I can't afford them, but I really love them. I still regret the chance we had to get one, once, long ago, that we passed up (it was Theatrum Botanicum by John Parkinson I think. I STILL really regret that!).

You can see some images from a copy here.

The book I have been wanting to read is another such reference- to the old herbal ways :) I just thought I should share ;)

No comments: