Friday, February 01, 2008

Birding... and Gardening

The birds have been attacking the feeder today... probably because it has been pouring with rain. I drew a quick sketch of a downy woodpecker, who had come to our suet block to feed. She was quite confrontational earlier, seeing off a cardinal on the black sunflower seed feeder. I was surprised, until now, I had only ever seen the downies on the suet!


In the meantime, I have been garden dreaming. I have plans for my garden this year...I want to provide myself with the vegetables I use. Unfortunately I have no idea HOW to do this ;) I eat most vegetables. So does DD, while DH and DS prefer beans and corn. And potatoes. I have the secret weapon though... John Jeavon's intensive garden plan. I have yet to use the double dig method, and I own that the thought of it terrifies me! But I really want to accomplish this!

No comments: