Wednesday, March 21, 2007

On the first day of spring...

My children gave to me.... a sunburned upper arm!
OK, so today is really the 'First full day of Spring', but yesterday was the day spring began ;)
There we were, out in the garden enjoying the warmth0- and I go to make the bread into rolls, only the door is locked.
I am annoyed... Rebel has decided to lock the door to keep out his sister while he uses the bathroom. Unfortunately he forgets to unlock it before coming out... voila- we're stuck. Luckily I have the trusty cordless phone, and I use it to call Jacobite. I know there is a spare key hidden somewhere- but it is not in the old places I remember!
Jacobite does not answer. I leave a message, but he doesn't call back for two hours!!
By this point, we're all hot and thirsty, my arms are bright red and I know my bread is ruined.
When he does call, he tells me where the key is, and I go inside- manage to rescue the bread for dinner and check my arms.
Although they did not look too bad at this point, they certainly did later on!
this makes twice this year... the first time was definitely my fault... I misjudged the strength of the sun. The second time was fate- I just hadn't planned on being outside so long!!

Note to self: buy some decent sunblock.

No comments: